SUNDAY APRIL 14TH ~ 2PM-5PM
Chez BonBon, 234 Queen Street East (the yellow storefront)
Early Bird registration only $25 by April 1st!
Advance registration $30. Space is limited!
By popular demand, join Knox Harter as she takes you step-by-step of the how-tos, trials and pitfalls of mounting your own burlesque or independant theatre production. Knox has a BFA in Performance Dance from Ryerson University, is the co-artistic director of High Society Cabaret, the curator of Speakeasy at TO and has been creating and producing work for over 7 years. Learn from Knox's in depth education and first hand experience about:
- How to curate your art
- How to run a rehearsal
- How to better communicate/create correspondence
- Picking show dates, scheduling and marketing
- How to set up ticketing and pricing
- How to negotiate with a venue
- conflict resolution
- Paying performers and balancing a budget
- How to set and stick to goals for your production
And so much more!
Class structure will be mostly lecture based with an open question/troubleshooting session for the last 45 minutes. Please bring your note-taking instruments (pen, paper, laptop, phone, etc), and any questions you may have about producing!